---
title: "How to use driver?"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11069"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11069/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "dinartal"
created: "2015-05-26T13:41:16+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:35:46+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 1327
replies: 3
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# How to use driver?

## Question

Asked by dinartal on 2015-05-26 in Ethernet Chips.

Hi! I want to create TCP server. Tell me please how to configure it and read/write data to sockets.
I have downloaded w5100 driver for avr from site and have ATMega128A board. but i don’t know how to use library.
Give me please examples.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Coccoliso, 2015-05-26

Hello,
ATMega128A it is not among the official board but is an Arduino? Maybe it Arduino Amber?
What I seem to have realized is that you do not even familiar with the development system of the card … right?
If so you should first practice with the development IDE and then become interested in devices that can be connected.
If is an Arduino board you can start from here [url][http://www.arduino.cc/\[/url\]](http://www.arduino.cc/%5B/url%5D) and download the latest IDE to begin.

### Reply 2 by dinartal, 2015-05-26

I use Atmel Studio IDE and connect w5100 to SPI. I don’t want to use Arduino. I have w5100 library but don’t understand how to write code. I need some examples of TCP/IP server initialisation.

### Reply 3 by Coccoliso, 2015-05-26

I also do not use arduino but I converted these sources for other MPUs.
See app note here [url][http://wiznethome.cafe24.com/wp-content/uploads/wiznethome/Chip/W5100/Application%20Note/W5100_Application_Note.zip\[/url\]](http://wiznethome.cafe24.com/wp-content/uploads/wiznethome/Chip/W5100/Application%20Note/W5100_Application_Note.zip%5B/url%5D) for DHCP and DNS examples calls routines that interest you instead In what you have already downloaded there are routines ( in modules W5100.c and socket.c) for W5100 registers and listen function.
For the server mode setting sequence instead look here [url][TCP Example](https://forum.wiznet.io/t/tcp-example/1761/1)] is for the W5500 but is practically the same.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11069
