---
title: "Force 10M"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11003"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11003/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "General"
author: "romanyork"
created: "2015-04-27T01:59:08+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:35:26+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 740
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Force 10M

## Question

Asked by romanyork on 2015-04-27 in General.

Hello,
I have reviewed the firmware example code and have verified on my pc that 10M speed is lower current than 100M. I have an application that is low power and I can not control the remote link speed. Can I force my WIZnet550web to use 10M rate in firmware?
Thank You in Advance.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by irina, 2015-04-27

Hi, romanyork.
Force 10M-base link speed is possible.

Please insert below code to the bottom of the function W5500_Init().

```
wiz_PhyConf phymode;

phymode.by = PHY_CONFBY_SW;
phymode.mode = PHY_MODE_MANUAL;
phymode.speed = PHY_SPEED_10;
phymode.duplex = PHY_DUPLEX_FULL; // Choose PHY_DUPLEX_HALF or PHY_DUPLEX_FULL

ctlwizchip(CW_SET_PHYCONF, &phymode);
```

Regards,
Eric.

### Reply 2 by romanyork, 2015-04-27

Thanks Eric,
That worked.
Roman

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11003
