---
title: "WIZ550S2E configuration tool and AT commands"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10845"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10845/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool"
author: "rfyoan"
created: "2015-02-13T09:39:03+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:34:54+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 1566
replies: 5
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# WIZ550S2E configuration tool and AT commands

## Question

Asked by rfyoan on 2015-02-13 in Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool.

Hi

I am using the WIZ550S2E module linked to my microcontroller with an uart to send it AT commands.
I use the AT command AT+NOPEN to open a socket (as client) on a distant server.

I see that the configuration tool allows to configure the local port, the remote port and the host ip.
However, when I use the AT+NOPEN command from my microcontroller, I see that I have to fill fields corresponding to the local port, the destination port and the destination ip, or else I receive the error [F,3,4]

I do not understand why I have to fill these fields on this AT command because they are supposed to be already known by the WIZnet module. Maybe I missed something about the link between the configuration tool and the AT command ?

Can i get the value of the local port, the destination port and the destination ip, configured with the tool, using a special AT command? I do not want that all network informations being stored in my microcontroller (if I have to change these informations, I want to use the configuration tool instead of reprogramming my microntroller).

Thanks

## Replies

### Reply 1 by jim, 2015-02-16

Hi.

Refer to [wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=pro … l_en:exam2](http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=products:wiz550s2e:wiz550s2e_tutorial_en:exam2)
You can modify IP setting from dynamic IP to static IP.

1. Please reset a target.

2. Insert +++

3. Insert AT+NSTAT\r\n

4. Insert AT+NSET=S,192.168.0.100,255.255.255.0,192.168.0.1\r\n

5. Insert AT+NSTAT\r\n

6. Insert AT+NOPEN=C,192.168.0.3,5000\r\n

7. Insert AT+NSOCK=0\r\n

8. Insert AT+NSEND=0,4\r\n

9. Insert test\r\n

10. Insert AT+NCLOSE=0\r\n

Thanks.

[![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/1X/383c51c26b39731f0efca32297b6b83ed2204f82.jpg) 1563×938 651 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/1X/383c51c26b39731f0efca32297b6b83ed2204f82.jpg)

### Reply 2 by rfyoan, 2015-02-17

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.
But I see in your example that we have to fill the fields “destination _ip” and “destination_port” in the AT+NOPEN command (“192.168.0.3” and “5000” in your example).
Do we have to fill these fields in all cases with this AT command ? Because with your configuration tool, we can fill the fields “Host IP” and “Remote Port” and according to your documents they represent the “Peer system’s IP address / socket’s port number, which WIZ550S2E connects(or sends) to, when its operating mode is “Client mode”,“Mixed mode” or “UDP mode””
So, as I configured and use my WIZ550S2E module in Client mode, I just want to know if we can get and use these informations filled with the configuration tool when using the command “AT+NOPEN” (send a AT+NOPEN=C, for example) ?
I do not want to store the destination adress ip and the the destination port number in my microcontroller if it is possible.

Thanks

### Reply 3 by mich, 2015-02-17

Hi,
For your exemple, how can the Host IP value (192.168.11.101) can be read with AT command?
Best regards
Mich

### Reply 4 by mich, 2015-02-23

No wiznet support?

### Reply 5 by jim, 2015-02-24

Hi

In Host IP case, you must use a configuration tool.
There is no command in AT mode for Host IP and port.

Thanks.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10845
