---
title: "What driver should I use, the ioLibrary_BSD or the ioLibrary"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10813"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10813/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "Eerik"
created: "2015-02-03T07:27:01+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:34:47+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 498
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# What driver should I use, the ioLibrary_BSD or the ioLibrary

## Question

Asked by Eerik on 2015-02-03 in Ethernet Chips.

What driver should I use, the ioLibrary_BSD or the ioLibrary?

How would I choose?

It says “The function names of this ioLibrary_BSD are the same as the function names of the ioLibrary.” ![:unamused:](https://emoji.discourse-cdn.com/twitter/unamused.png?v=12)

So why is there a need for two drivers? ![:question:](https://emoji.discourse-cdn.com/twitter/question.png?v=12)

## Replies

### Reply 1 by irinakim, 2015-02-04

Hi~ Eerik

The ioLibrary_BSD means Berkeley sockets (or BSD sockets).
methods provided by the Berkeley sockets API library like socket(),connect(),listen(),send(),
But the ioLibrary is made in our company like TCPReSend(),TCPReSendNB().
The TCPReSendNB function is non-blocking of TCPsend(default is blocking like while()).
The choice is yours.
If you want to use the Berkeley sockets API, you just choice a ioLibrary_BSD.

thank
ekkim ![:slight_smile:](https://emoji.discourse-cdn.com/twitter/slight_smile.png?v=12)

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10813
