---
title: "Connection problem"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10807"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10807/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "laura107"
created: "2015-01-29T21:30:02+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:34:54+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 404
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Connection problem

## Question

Asked by laura107 on 2015-01-29 in Ethernet Chips.

Hello everybody, I am able to ping the wiznet if the computer is in the same switch, if the computer is in another switch of the network I can’t ping it nor connect to it. I have no idea what can be causing this. Otherwise everything works fine, I can send and received data via SPI, connect, ping it, as long as the computers are in the same switch than the WIZNET. Thanks for the help

## Replies

### Reply 1 by hjjeon0608, 2015-02-23

Hi,

What is IP address of W5500 and switch??
You should use private IP address for other network.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10807
