---
title: "Porting ioLibrary"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10804"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10804/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "Eerik"
created: "2015-01-29T08:18:55+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:35:12+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 715
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Porting ioLibrary

## Question

Asked by Eerik on 2015-01-29 in Ethernet Chips.

What files from the ioLibrary do I need for porting the ioLIbrary to a new MCU?

What functions do I need to modify?

I have looked at the ioLibrary source code and wonder what mode *WIZCHIP_IO_MODE_BUS* is?

It looks like there is no use of *WIZCHIP_IO_MODE_BUS* in the source code?

And is there any support of DHCP in ioLibrary, i don’t find any support?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by bangbh, 2015-04-05

Hi, Eerik.
I’m employee of Wiznet.
If you want use spi mode ic(such as W5100, W5500), you have to connect your mcu specific spi code and iolibrary.
In this case, at least 4 spi functions registered. Chip select,deselect functions and spi byte read/write byte.

Ex)

1. There are some functions named “Your_MCU_SPI_Read_Byte()” and “Your_MCU_SPI_Write_Byte()”

2. You have to register your functions using “reg_wizchip_spi_cbfunc()” function in “wizchip_conf.c” like followings.
   reg_wizchip_spi_cbfunc(Your_MCU_SPI_Read_Byte, Your_MCU_SPI_Write_Byte);

3. Initialize IC and Happy to use!

And *WIZCHIP_IO_MODE_BUS* is for bus mode ic(such as W5300).

There are many examples and you can download them.
[url][https://github.com/Wiznet\[/url\]](https://github.com/Wiznet%5B/url%5D)

Thanks.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10804
