---
title: "DNS Server IP Address"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10794"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10794/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Wireless"
author: "oyoyoy"
created: "2015-01-26T09:58:51+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:34:44+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 483
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# DNS Server IP Address

## Question

Asked by oyoyoy on 2015-01-26 in Wireless.

Hello all

I need to use
[AT+FDNS=someserver.com](http://AT+FDNS=someserver.com),1000

- this command act as DNS client

Everything is OK when I connect to my network via command
AT+WNET=1 (AT command for setting DHCP client)

and after successfull joining the wifi I can use AT+FDNS as described

But when I connect to network via static IP address as following example
AT+WNET=0,192.168.2.101,255.255.255.0,192.168.2.1 (AT command for setting
Static IP address)

and join to the wifi network, everytime I use AT+FDNS command I receive ERROR.

I suppose the device miss IP address of DNS server and I don’t know how to set it. The device knows only IP, mask and gateway but miss DNS server IP address

Is there any workaround for this?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by ssekim, 2015-01-26

Hi oyoyoy

You can use &lt;AT+WADNS> command to add DNS server.

Please, refer to the below link.
[url][http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=products:wizfi250:wizfi250pg:start#at_wadns\[/url\]](http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=products:wizfi250:wizfi250pg:start#at_wadns%5B/url%5D)

### Reply 2 by oyoyoy, 2015-01-27

That’s it!
Thank you very much!

Jozef

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10794
