---
title: "WPA2 key hex format"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10780"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10780/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Wireless"
author: "Coccoliso"
created: "2015-01-19T13:45:22+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:34:41+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 497
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# WPA2 key hex format

## Question

Asked by Coccoliso on 2015-01-19 in Wireless.

Hello,
I have the following problem.
The AP to which I have to connect with the WizFi250 uses WPA2 AES with a key 32 hex numbers (64 digits) key, in command AT + WSEC modules accepts as hexadecimal key WPA key = 8 ~ 63 (ASCII) or 128 (HEX ).
Since 32 Hex numbers are 64-digit format what I have to pass in the command AT + WSEC ?
I tried to fill it with 0 (zero) before and after unsuccessfully …
Another question is on the network that is hidden, in AT + WSET I have to pass the BSID or just the SSID?
Thank You.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by ssekim, 2015-01-21

Hello Coccoliso

As you said below, WizFi250 can support only 128-hex-digit(64 byte).

Please refer to the below.

[quote]AT+WSEC=0,30313233343536373839303132333435363738393031323334353637383930313233343536373839303132333435363738393031323334353637383930313233
[OK]
AT+WSEC=?
0,30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 30 31 32 33 [/quote]

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10780
