---
title: "Is it necessary to use WIZ107SR without porting on Host?"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10743"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10743/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool"
author: "Brandon"
created: "2014-12-23T05:18:36+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:34:34+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 450
replies: 0
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Is it necessary to use WIZ107SR without porting on Host?

## Question

Asked by Brandon on 2014-12-23 in Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool.

Dear all,

I’m finding solution, serial to Ethernet, and I’m verifying your products.
I am wondering as below
1.Support stand-alone mode :
It means that This mode don’t need any host driver or to port at host CPU.
Is it working JUST to connect both ports (serial, Ethernet) ?
Simply, after configuring module using tools, WIZ107SR is working well without porting driver on Host embedded CPU ?

I guess that WIZ107SR may be good solution for my requirements.
Is that right ?
Please advise me.

Thank you.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10743
