---
title: "Firmware upload"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10740"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10740/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool"
author: "freddy"
created: "2014-12-22T13:36:11+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:34:37+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 633
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Firmware upload

## Question

Asked by freddy on 2014-12-22 in Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool.

Hi.
My WIZ550s2e module run well for two days and suddenliy after a power-up it did not work anymore. Both
status leds at J2.3 and J2.4 are flashing rapidly. When I launch the configuration tool it shows
me in the Firmware Version text box “Bootloader 1.0.0”. Has the firmware lost?

In programmer guide there is a hint: WIZ550S2E Configure tool is not supported TFTP server. So
you use TFTP programm seperately. With several TFTP from other sources I tried to upload
‘WIZ550S2E.bin’ but it failed. What did I wrong?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by ywkwon, 2015-01-08

Hi~
Please check the nHWTRIG pin.
nHWTRIG pin is active low.
Active this pin when boot-up, WIZ550S2E will going into bootloader mode.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10740
