---
title: "INTn pin is always high"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10685"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10685/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "aomgemalmaz"
created: "2014-11-21T15:53:11+09:00"
last_activity: "2018-01-22T08:50:16+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 1002
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# INTn pin is always high

## Question

Asked by aomgemalmaz on 2014-11-21 in Ethernet Chips.

First of all thank you for your attention:
I am using Freescale KL25z MCU as master and Wiznet w5500 chip as a slave for my project.

So far I have managed to send and recieve data via wiznet correctly. Thats why there is no problem writing and reading the w5500 chip.

In the next part I have to use interrupt pin in order to operate my system properly.
However, I cannot make the interrupt pin low.

For example when a Recieve signal comes, Sn0_IR becomes 0x05( Connect and Recieve int). Moreover the mask register Sn_IMR is FF. According to datasheet when these 2 registers becomes 1, the INTn pin is asserted to low.
By the way I wrote 100 to INTLEVEL register.
I also checked my system, when the int pin becomes low my system responses correctly. Furthermore there is always high signal seen by looking via scope.

Is there anything that I have missed?
I am waiting for your help
Thank you.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by irinakim, 2015-01-20

Hi~

I couldn’t look your question and I’m so sorry.
You confirm the SIR and SIMR register in common register.
If you use the Socket number ‘0’…
The SIR and SIMR set up a bit ‘0’ as high(1).
If you didn’t set bit ‘0’ in the SIR and SIMR, INTn Pin isn’t operate.

thanks
EK

### Reply 2 by Shubham Dubey, 2018-01-22 (in reply to reply 1)

HELLO I WANT W5500 REGISTER CONFIGURATION USING TCP/IP

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10685
