---
title: "W7100A-S2E Configtool: Searching with UDP brodcast"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10667"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10667/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "MCU & Boards"
author: "gbit"
created: "2014-11-14T16:01:11+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:34:20+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 724
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W7100A-S2E Configtool: Searching with UDP brodcast

## Question

Asked by gbit on 2014-11-14 in MCU & Boards.

Hi,
I have a problem when I try to search the W7100A-S2E devices connected to my net.
If it is the first time that I connect an W7100A-S2E device to a net and I press “search” using UDP broadcast I haven’t any answer. The day after all runs ok.
What is the reason?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by irina, 2014-11-16

Hi gbit.
Did you turn Windows or Anti-virus Firewall on?

First, I guess the firewall caused problem like you. If yes, please turn Firewall off and try re-Search using configuration tool.

Second, If you use the Virtual machine on Windows (e.g., VirtualBox), Please disabled network adapter for Virtual machines (e.g., VirtualBox Host-Only Network, and Etc.) or adjusted metric priorities for network adapters. There is a possibility that the problem occurs because of Metric priorities.

Please refer to below for more details.

> I guess it caused by priority of network adapters. (Metric) it can be seen using ‘route print’ command on windows command console (can be entered by using a ‘cmd’ command) Please Try adjusting each adapter’s ‘interface metric’ value in IP Settings tab (in Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties).
>
> (notice: lower metric means higher priority of network adapters)
>
> Please refer to ‘How to change the interface metric on a network adapter’ in next link:
> [support.microsoft.com/kb/894564](http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894564)
> [support.microsoft.com/kb/299540](http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299540)

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10667
