---
title: "Too many bytes sent in TCP packet"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10658"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10658/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "BitBanger46"
created: "2014-11-10T18:17:54+09:00"
last_activity: "2018-10-29T21:54:29+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 592
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Too many bytes sent in TCP packet

## Question

Asked by BitBanger46 on 2014-11-10 in Ethernet Chips.

I am trying to write some code to make my W5100 function as a simple HTML server. I can successfully detect a connection request and receive a GET request from the client. However, when I send an HTML page to the client (which is displayed using Internet Explorer), it appears as though the HTML data is repeating. If I look at the HTML data received by IE, it shows the “real” HTML data that I sent but then I see portions of the “real” data repeated several times causing the display to be garbage.

I checked the starting and ending transmit buffer pointers and verified that the correct number of bytes are copied to the transmit buffer.

It looks like the W5100 is sending more than the expected number of bytes.

Has anyone seen this problem??

[![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/1X/7595075c28deaa63e16fcb30e8c7c8c33ed6d046.jpg) 1405×1013 205 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/1X/7595075c28deaa63e16fcb30e8c7c8c33ed6d046.jpg)

## Replies

### Reply 1 by hjjeon0608, 2014-11-11

I think you send data more than you want.

Plz, connect to PC and send data and then capture packet by like wireshark.

### Reply 2 by brat steve, 2018-10-29

There were many part for the certain part which is going to get it done by the user which will be having the valuable aspects for the plugin to get the bytes sent in tcp packet of html[canon error b200](https://oniton.com/blog/fix-canon-printer-error-b200/) will need the way to solve the issue.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10658
