---
title: "Wiz550io no socket control"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10648"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10648/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "IO Modules"
author: "outlaw314"
created: "2014-11-06T00:20:42+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:34:16+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 795
replies: 3
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Wiz550io no socket control

## Question

Asked by outlaw314 on 2014-11-06 in IO Modules.

I seemed to have lost almost all control over the socket registers. I cannot set the IP address or destination port number on any of the sockets. I also see no status change when I send the “OPEN” command. I can change the socket mode and source port number. I have tried altering other sockets with the same result. I can read and write other registers freely (like common register or even transmit and receive memory on any of the sockets). I had it working before but now I’m completely blocked. I’ve been rewriting code for days, checking wiring, tried multiple Wiz550io modules (fresh out of the box) . . . No luck! What could possibly be preventing me from changing socket destination parameters yet still allow me to change practically everything else? I’m using an ATmega324A chip. Code is attached. I suspect there’s a simple explanation that I just can’t see because I’m looking to close at the wrong spot.
[src.zip](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/legacyFile.asp?path=8NnWL5Ma9aMzN72XkBemsUYvpfC.zip) (9.37 KB)

## Replies

### Reply 1 by hjjeon0608, 2014-11-07

Hi,

Destination port and IP can be read after TCP connection is established.
First, try to connect and then check registers.

Thanks.

### Reply 2 by outlaw314, 2014-11-07

Thank you. Now I understand. So I’m able to see registers now but still can’t seem to connect like I did before. I’m getting a timeout flag on the socket. My firewall shows no packets coming from the switch. I suspect the issue is with something other than the Wiz550io now, but in case I’m missing something obvious again, here are the settings I’m using.

Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway IP: 192.168.2.1
Source IP: 192.168.2.3

Socket 0
TCP
IP address: 192.168.2.2
Source/Destination port: 31415

Everything else uses default values set by hardware reset.

### Reply 3 by outlaw314, 2014-11-07

Ignore that last post. I just connected. I suspect I tried to connect too soon after giving the “open” command. Thanks again.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10648
