---
title: "Serial command for setting DHCP range"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10577"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10577/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Wireless"
author: "SomeUser"
created: "2014-10-07T07:15:06+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:34:38+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 1304
replies: 9
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Serial command for setting DHCP range

## Question

Asked by SomeUser on 2014-10-07 in Wireless.

Hello,

I’m trying to use a serial command to set the DHCP start/end range (ie ) but it doesn’t work for me.

Here is the command sequence that I have used

&lt;+++>~~&lt;Sv1.1.28>~~&lt;S192.168.16.11_192.168.16.50>
Okay I have now set DHCP and read the setting so now I try to set it:
&lt;WH192.168.0.10_192.168.0.99>&lt;2>>&lt;S192.168.16.11_192.168.16.50>
&lt;2> means incorrect parameters, so lets try using the example code from the serial configuration guide:
&lt;WH192.168.1.10_192.168.1.100>&lt;2>>&lt;S192.168.16.11_192.168.16.50>
Maybe I need leading zeros
&lt;WH192.168.001.010_192.168.001.0100>&lt;2>>&lt;S192.168.16.11_192.168.16.50>~~~~

~~~~ ~~~~

If I change the command through the web interface I and read the results I get:
&lt;S192.168.0.11_192.168.0.50>

Please help.

Thankyou for your time,
Paul

## Replies

### Reply 1 by kaizen, 2014-10-21

Hi

I think that you have to change your device IP using command.
Currently, Your Device IP might be 192.168.16.1 or 192.168.16.254. So It’s DHCP pool range can use 192.168.16.11 ~ 192.168.16.50.
You can’t use 192.168.xxx.xxx ~ 192.168.xxx.xxx range excepted 192.168.16.xxx address.

So I recommand that you will change your device IP using &lt;WI192.168.0.xxx> if you want use range of IP ( 192.168.0.xxx ~ 192.168.0.xxx )

### Reply 2 by SomeUser, 2014-12-10

Hello,

Sorry for my absence but unfortunately that doesn’t seem to be the problem
&lt;S192.168.0.1>
&lt;S255.255.255.0>
&lt;S192.168.0.1>

&lt;S192.168.16.10_192.168.16.102>
&lt;WH192.168.0.10_192.168.0.100>&lt;2>

You can see that my IP address is already set correctly.

### Reply 3 by SomeUser, 2014-12-10

Hello,

Actually a little more information:
(In case it matters this is using the DEV kit)

&lt;S192.168.0.1>
&lt;S192.168.16.10_192.168.16.102>
&lt;WH192.168.16.10_192.168.16.102>
&lt;WH192.168.16.10_192.168.16.100>~~
&lt;WH192.168.0.2_192.168.0.3>&lt;2>
&lt;WH192.168.0.20_192.168.0.30>&lt;2>
&lt;WH192.168.16.14_192.168.16.104>~~
&lt;WH192.168.0.14_192.168.0.104>&lt;2>~~~~

~~~~ ~~~~

So it seems like this command only works if I am not changing the subnet. Is this a bug?

Paul

### Reply 4 by ssekim, 2014-12-18

Hello Paul

Please try it again as below.

`<GO0> <WT0_192.168.1.254_255.255.255.0_192.168.1.1_0.0.0.0> <WI192.168.10.254> <WS255.255.255.0> <WH192.168.10.101_192.168.10.200>`

With these command scenario, it worked well.

### Reply 5 by SomeUser, 2014-12-18

Hello,

I tried again and I’m afraid it still doesn’t work:

&lt;WT0_192.168.1.254_255.255.255.0_192.168.1.1_0.0.0.0>~~
&lt;WI192.168.10.254>~~
&lt;WS255.255.255.0>
&lt;WH192.168.10.101_192.168.10.200>&lt;2>~~~~

~~~~ ~~~~

You can see that the WH command returns &lt;2>.

&lt;Sv1.1.28>
Is my version old?

Paul

### Reply 6 by ssekim, 2014-12-18

Hello

Please try it again as below.

[code]
&lt;WT0_192.168.1.254_255.255.255.0_192.168.1.1_0.0.0.0>
&lt;WI192.168.10.254>
&lt;WS255.255.255.0>
&lt;WH192.168.10.101_192.168.10.200>

[/code]

### Reply 7 by ssekim, 2014-12-18

Hello

About this issue, I asked to s/w engineer of WizFi630, and he recommend .

Because there can be another dhcp servers in AP-mode-network, so there are some limitation with .

How about using the instead of as below?

`<GO1> <WT0_192.168.1.254_255.255.255.0_192.168.1.1_0.0.0.0> <WI192.168.11.254> <WS255.255.255.0> <WH192.168.11.101_192.168.11.200> `

### Reply 8 by SomeUser, 2015-01-07

Hello,

I can confirm that I can set the DHCP start IP address on the LAN ports using Gateway mode.
But I must use AP-MODE.

I want to construct a network with multiple WizFi630 modules.
Each module has 2 IP ports bridged together.
One module has a static IP address and is set to DHCP mode (the router)
All the other modules should be set to DHCP client mode.

I must be able to control the DHCP range to my range (192.168.0.xxx).

Is there anyway that I can do this through the serial interface in AP-MODE only (given that the WH command doesn’t work in AP mode).

Thanks,
Paul

### Reply 9 by ssekim, 2015-01-09

But, in my guess, is almost same like except WAN interface.

You can just set WizFi630 as and set with dummy static IP.
Then, I think that WizFi630 can run like .

To implement what you want in AP mode, WizFi630-S/W needs to be modified.

Thanks.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10577
