---
title: "Which serial cmd we can use to trun on/off wifi"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10559"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10559/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Wireless"
author: "xiaoxiu"
created: "2014-09-30T12:10:31+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:33:58+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 776
replies: 4
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Which serial cmd we can use to trun on/off wifi

## Question

Asked by xiaoxiu on 2014-09-30 in Wireless.

Hi:
I am running 630 in multibridge mode. In order to save power, when I am using wire to connect two devices, I want to turn off wifi to save power. Is that possible by using serial cmd? How much power can we save?

Best Regards
Xiaoxiu

## Replies

### Reply 1 by ssekim, 2014-09-30

Hello Xiaoxiu

There is no way to turn off the WiFi using serial commands.

Regards…

### Reply 2 by xiaoxiu, 2014-10-01

Hi ssekim:

I there any other way to turn off wifi beside serial cmd.

Best Regards
Xiaoxiu Geng

### Reply 3 by ssekim, 2014-10-01

Hello Xiaoxiu

There in no way to do that.
WizFi630 is designed regardless of .

### Reply 4 by xiaoxiu, 2014-10-01

Thank you.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10559
