---
title: "WiFi Direct error"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10479"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10479/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Wireless"
author: "ceelard"
created: "2014-08-28T12:12:30+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:33:44+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 446
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# WiFi Direct error

## Question

Asked by ceelard on 2014-08-28 in Wireless.

The WiFi direct method appears simple, but I can’t turn on it.
I get an error message.
I use the latest firmware with official EVB.
What is the problem?

WizFi250 Version 1.0.1.8 (WIZnet Co.Ltd)
AT+WP2P_START
[ERROR]

Szilard

## Replies

### Reply 1 by ssekim, 2014-08-31

Hello Ceelard

It looks like that there is no problem as below.

[code]WizFi250 Version 1.0.1.8 (WIZnet Co.Ltd)
AT+WP2P_START
STA MAC: FE:4D:D4:FF:97:FC
[OK]
Found P2P device: SHV-E250S
Sending Identity
Sending Identity
Sending nonce
Sending hashes
Sending WSC Done

[Link-Up Event]
IP Addr : 192.168.49.245
Gateway : 192.168.49.1[/code]

Please, try it again after factory reset.

### Reply 2 by ceelard, 2014-09-01

Thanks a lot!
The factory reset solved the problem!

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10479
