---
title: "Problems closing a data socket with ftp"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10424"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10424/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "jdcowpland"
created: "2014-08-01T13:35:57+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:33:35+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 407
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Problems closing a data socket with ftp

## Question

Asked by jdcowpland on 2014-08-01 in Ethernet Chips.

Hi,
I’m using a w5500 as an ftp client. I have socket 0 set up as my control socket and socket 1 set up as my data socket. Problem is that when they are both open, I seem to be unable to close the data socket. I don’t think it’s code based as I’m using the libraries provided by wiznet. Anyone know why it might not be working?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by hjjeon0608, 2014-08-11

Hi,

Explain more detailed. The code is froze or command is not working??

And what is your status register??

Thanks.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10424
