---
title: "W5200 problem with writing data"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10395"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10395/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "darmich"
created: "2014-07-23T12:25:19+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:33:26+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 475
replies: 0
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W5200 problem with writing data

## Question

Asked by darmich on 2014-07-23 in Ethernet Chips.

Hello, I have a problem with wiznet w5200. Before the start of implementing the functionality I wanted to test communications by SPI. When I reading values from registers, the data are correct - such as a default data, but unfortunetly when I try to write something, the values in registers do not change - still are the same as default data.
I tried to save the RTR (0x0017), RCR (0x0019), SIPR (0x000F).
Can someone tell me what else i should to do to write data. Maybe is something what i should to do to approve write opperation ?

Thanks

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10395
