---
title: "W5500 with POE"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10357"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10357/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "jharris"
created: "2014-07-07T13:19:40+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:33:21+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 1223
replies: 3
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W5500 with POE

## Question

Asked by jharris on 2014-07-07 in Ethernet Chips.

Hi,

I created a PCB with the W5500 that supports POE. The W5500 works fine when it is powered externally, but it will not connect to the switch when it is powered using POE. I have verified that it is getting the proper 3.3 volts. Everything is based off of the reference schematic and the RJ45 jack I am using is the ARJP11B-MASA-B-A-EMU2. Are there any changes that should be made to the reference schematic when using POE?

Here is a link to the datasheet for the RJ45 jack. It has a built in transformer.
[url][http://www.abracon.com/Magnetics/lan/ARJP11B.PDF\[/url\]](http://www.abracon.com/Magnetics/lan/ARJP11B.PDF%5B/url%5D)

Thanks

## Replies

### Reply 1 by peter, 2014-07-08

I think It may be no problem RJ45(ARJP11B-MASA-B-A-EMU2) used.
What did you apply PoE(PD) module?
Could you please send us your schematic or datasheet for poe module?
If possible, I will check your schematic.

### Reply 2 by jharris, 2014-07-08

Hi,

I have attached the schematic. Here is a link to the datasheet for the POE module.

[url][http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tps2377.pdf\[/url\]](http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tps2377.pdf%5B/url%5D)

```
Let me know if you need anymore information.
```

Thank you
[schematic.pdf](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/legacyFile.asp?path=enjxbRHE5egMW2CoPp5YGlLDxSF.pdf) (78.3 KB)

### Reply 3 by peter, 2014-07-09

…Did you check FET(FQP30N06L) turn on status when PG signal is High?
I have checked your schematic. But I wasn’t able to find incorrect-point.
I think your schematic is fine.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10357
