---
title: "WizFi210 SPI Issue"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10345"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10345/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Wireless"
author: "jack77er"
created: "2014-07-02T12:23:46+09:00"
last_activity: "2020-11-07T16:12:30+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 626
replies: 4
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# WizFi210 SPI Issue

## Question

Asked by jack77er on 2014-07-02 in Wireless.

Hello

i’m trying to connect my WizFi210 to my STM32F407VG using a SPI connection. From the connection site everything seems to be working correctly as my scope/logic analyzer decode the right data I’m sending to the device. But it only send me a 0xF5 followed by zeros all the time. Some seconds after reboot the GPIO19 (IRQ) pin goes high and never get back to low, independendly how many clocks I gave to the CLK line. Does the device need some special setup? I used the 1.1.0.7 SPI firmware which I get from your support.

Thanks for any help

greetings
Jacob

## Replies

### Reply 1 by ssekim, 2014-07-03

Hello Jacop

If you get 0xF5 from WizFi210-SPI, I think that there is no problem about h/w.

According the below, 0xF5 means &lt;SPI_IDLE>.
[url][http://wiznet.co.kr/Admin_Root/UpLoad_Files/BoardFiles/WizFi210_PG_V131E(0).pdf\[/url\]](http://wiznet.co.kr/Admin_Root/UpLoad_Files/BoardFiles/WizFi210_PG_V131E%280%29.pdf%5B/url%5D)

And there is some sample source about SPI-master based on STM32xxx.

I attached it, please refer to it.
[WizFi210_SPI_App.zip](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/legacyFile.asp?path=sJt7CFiPJrlky7uAt9FicdtQ7MF.zip) (378 KB)

### Reply 2 by jack77er, 2014-08-04

Hello

i solved the problem by myself: The NSS line must be HIGH for some us between every byte. And between NSS to-low transition and the start of the clock the device also needs a delay of a couple of SPI clock cycles. Due this limitations the SPI firmware is not really usefull because in this case the maximum data troughput is about 100 kb/s which is less than the simple 115.2kbaud of the UART firmware.

Greetings
Jack77er

### Reply 3 by ssekim, 2014-08-04

Yes, you’re right.

If you want a high speed data transmission and no data loss, it’s better UART than SPI.
(While SPI can’t support data flow control, UART can use flow control, CTS/RTS.)

If you apply a CTS/RTS in UART, WizFi210 UART can support 921.6Kbps buad rate without data loss.

### Reply 4 by Leandro Gagliardi, 2020-11-07

Hi, I have a WizFi250 and I have problems tryng to configure the SPI interface. Using an hyperterminal it answers an [OK] when I put a corresponding command to set the SPI com. But when I write AT+MSPI=? it answers: 1,0 [OK] (configured as UART).

Regards,
Leandro

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10345
