---
title: "(WIZ110SR)Cannot connect from serial to Ethernet"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10309"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10309/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool"
author: "jp3tlc"
created: "2014-06-16T11:33:37+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:33:25+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 638
replies: 4
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# (WIZ110SR)Cannot connect from serial to Ethernet

## Question

Asked by jp3tlc on 2014-06-16 in Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool.

Hello.

Please tell me how to communicate from serial to Ethernet.

I purchased WIZ110SR recently.
I want to connect telnet BBS from serial device(old PC based on DOS).

When I input characters Etehernet device(Windows PC),
I can see the characters on the DOS PC.

But I input characters serial divice(DOS PC),
I cannot see the characters on the Windows PC.

Also, I cannot enter serial configration mode when input ‘+++’.

My serial cable is below.

Config tool is below.

thanks.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by ywkwon, 2014-06-17

Please let me know about flow control setting of serial interface.
If both of PC and WIZ110sr settings are different, problem can occur as yours.

### Reply 2 by jp3tlc, 2014-06-17

Dear ywkwon,thank you for reply.
WIZ110sr serial setting is below.(I send ‘hello’ to WIZ110sr via LAN.)

PC serial setting is below.(I can see ‘hello’, but I cannot communicate from serial.)

I do not understand that I cannot communicate from serial.
thanks.

### Reply 3 by jp3tlc, 2014-07-06

I tryed various 232C Cables.Finally,I sucseeded to connect from 232C.
Cable is below.

Thank you.

### Reply 4 by jp3tlc, 2014-07-21

again

by jp3tlc

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10309
