---
title: "W5500 production testing document"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10297"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10297/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "jonieHan"
created: "2014-06-10T21:58:43+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:33:31+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 469
replies: 5
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W5500 production testing document

## Question

Asked by jonieHan on 2014-06-10 in Ethernet Chips.

I’m looking for w5500 production testing software / guidelines or methods. If you have one, could you please provide me. Thanks,

## Replies

### Reply 1 by jckim, 2014-06-11

Dear Sir,

WIZnet doesn’t have W5500 production testing software/guidelines or methods.
Test house has it.
WIZnet just receive good dies from Test House.

I am wondering why you need the production testing software.

Thanks,

jckim

### Reply 2 by kevinlee, 2014-06-13

Hi! jonieHan,

Could you explain more detail what production testing software means?

If you need some Application code examples such as loopback, please refer to this wiki page.

[color=#0000FF][url][http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=products:w5500:driver\[/url\]\[/color\]](http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=products:w5500:driver%5B/url%5D%5B/color%5D)

Thank you,
Kevin

### Reply 3 by jonieHan, 2014-07-24

Hi Kevin,
We have W5500 designed in our product but we don’t have a way to verify its performance. We would like to know what to test to very its performance. One way that I could think of is to do throughput test. If you have a tool or a method to do it, I’d appreciate it. Thanks

### Reply 4 by hjjeon0608, 2014-07-29

Hi, JonieHan.

I think loopback test is the best.
Network performance test is so difficult, because there are so many variables not only w5500 but also network(ISP) traffic or etc.

Thanks.
Tony.

### Reply 5 by jonieHan, 2014-08-01

If we do chip to chip udp loop back test, approximately what kind of throughput should we expect. It can be either payload or all bytes. Thanks,

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10297
