---
title: "Using JTAG"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10289"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10289/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Wireless"
author: "mikenum"
created: "2014-06-06T17:11:26+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:33:05+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 428
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Using JTAG

## Question

Asked by mikenum on 2014-06-06 in Wireless.

It looks like I have damaged the MCU (or erased the firmware) on the module: Mode and WiFi outputs are set low immediately upon power-up and there is no reaction on Function input (regardless of the Boot pin state). Neither +++ is working nor any AT command gets response. I would like to connect to the MCU via JTAG and restore the firmware via JTAG. Would it be possible to get instructions on the procedure? What MCU / core is used in the module? What binary file(s) should I load at what address(es)?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by kaizen, 2014-06-08

Hi

From our policy, WizFi250 can’t support JTAG interface to customer.
So we prepare method to recover firmware.

refer to this document for firmware recovering.
[url][http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=products:wizfi250:wizfi250pg:start#firmware_recovery\[/url\]](http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=products:wizfi250:wizfi250pg:start#firmware_recovery%5B/url%5D)

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10289
