---
title: "Hercules serial echo mode"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10288"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10288/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool"
author: "elephant"
created: "2014-06-05T18:37:20+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:33:06+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 781
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Hercules serial echo mode

## Question

Asked by elephant on 2014-06-05 in Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool.

Hi,

I am using Wiz107SR and using Hercules to monitor the traffic. In Hercules serial mode, how can I put the device into echo mode? I am successfully sending data to the device and monitor in hercules but I would like to receive back the data like echo.

Thanks and best regards,

## Replies

### Reply 1 by irina, 2014-06-09

Hi, elephant.
WIZnet ‘Serial to Ethernet modules’ (like WIZ107SR) are not support Echoback.
If you want to check the data transmission successfully, Hercules program setting to a TCP client and data exchange through serial terminal to TCP client…

To be set as follows.

H/W :
PC |===== Serial and LAN(Ethernet) =====| WIZ107SR

Data exchange path :
TCP Client (Hercules program, PC) - WIZ107SR - Serial terminal (PC)

### Reply 2 by elephant, 2014-06-09

Hi,

I implemented a python script to communicate the unit. In hercules serial interface, I can see the data Which I am sending from python. I would like to reply through serial side to my python script that I can test my python script. In this way, I can only test when I am writing to the unit but not be able to test when I am reading back from the unit. If I do it manually, it is too late. is there any way I can do this in another way?

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10288
