---
title: "Hardware configuration of WIZ105SR"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10284"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10284/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool"
author: "pthakkar"
created: "2014-06-04T08:02:24+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:33:05+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 477
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Hardware configuration of WIZ105SR

## Question

Asked by pthakkar on 2014-06-04 in Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool.

I am trying to set the configuration using hardware but i am not getting the success response. I did the following:

1. Asserted low 8th pin of J1 and got message “:”.

2. Sent ‘>R’ and 0x0d and get the response.

3. Sent “>W”

4. Now send the config data with MAC address (320 bytes)
   5.send 0x0d
   I get a failure response.

Am I doing something wrong?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by ywkwon, 2014-06-09

step4 is wrong…
Try to send the config data without MAC address.
Please refer to section “5.2.2 Changing IP Address” of user manual.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10284
