---
title: "RTS CTS on connection to AVR"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10269"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10269/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Wireless"
author: "SeventhIce"
created: "2014-05-28T11:03:43+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:33:01+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 493
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# RTS CTS on connection to AVR

## Question

Asked by SeventhIce on 2014-05-28 in Wireless.

Sorry maybe this is beginner question… I can login to TCP server with wizfi220 (PC hyperterminal), everything good, can use DHCP and WP2-PSK keyword security… but there is simple question… PC provide RTS and CTS, but my AVR uC can’t provide RTS and CTS… i tried to connect only RXD and TXD, but fail to write AT command…

Please give me explanation how to handle RTS and CTS on AVR/uC…

Regards,

## Replies

### Reply 1 by kaizen, 2014-05-28

Hi

I think that WizFi220 can receive the or send response without connection of RTS and CTS.
If only connect RXD and TXD bettween WizFi220 and your MCU, WizFi220 can use .

I recommend to check serial environment of your MCU.

### Reply 2 by SeventhIce, 2014-05-29

ok ok thanks

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10269
