---
title: "Nothing on terminal at power on"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10240"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10240/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Wireless"
author: "kpanchamia"
created: "2014-05-18T08:33:47+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:32:55+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 436
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Nothing on terminal at power on

## Question

Asked by kpanchamia on 2014-05-18 in Wireless.

Hi,

I have recently purchased Wizfi220 evaluation board.

[![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/1X/fcd8f58a8d87d4fe6945c188333cd7af0073bde9.jpg) 1200×1600 617 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/1X/fcd8f58a8d87d4fe6945c188333cd7af0073bde9.jpg)

On power Up, I believe something should come up on terminal. The terminal settings are as shown below.
Terminal settings -115200 , 8 , n , 1
My serial port is fine. Did a loop back test.

I get nothing on terminal. Tried changing baudrates but no success.

Any ideas what could be the problem? Can I hard/factory reset the module? How to do it?

Its a bit urgent.

Thanks

## Replies

### Reply 1 by kaizen, 2014-05-18

Hi

I don’t understand why It didn’t work well. But I can suggest method for checking this problem.

Would you upload firmware to WizFi220 again?
This is URL for downloading firmware of WizFi220. ( [url][http://wiznet.co.kr/Admin_Root/UpLoad_Files/BoardFiles/WIZSmartScript_1.1.1.0_W(1).zip\[/url\]](http://wiznet.co.kr/Admin_Root/UpLoad_Files/BoardFiles/WIZSmartScript_1.1.1.0_W%281%29.zip%5B/url%5D) )

For more information about method for upload firmware, refer to this document.
[url][http://wiznet.co.kr/Admin_Root/UpLoad_Files/BoardFiles/(AP320)WIZSmartScript-Firmware%20Upgrade_EN_V1.01.pdf\[/url\]](http://wiznet.co.kr/Admin_Root/UpLoad_Files/BoardFiles/%28AP320%29WIZSmartScript-Firmware%20Upgrade_EN_V1.01.pdf%5B/url%5D)

I recommend to use script like as chapter &lt;8.Clear All Flash Memory #1>

If it will do not work well after upload firmware, you had better do request RMA to distributors.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10240
