---
title: "W5200 Hardware Fault finding"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10236"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10236/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "johnnyfp"
created: "2014-05-16T04:15:29+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:33:01+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 505
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W5200 Hardware Fault finding

## Question

Asked by johnnyfp on 2014-05-16 in Ethernet Chips.

Hi,

I’ve put together a new circuit that uses the W5200 and am trying to get it started and communicating, but failing.

Is there an indicator, signal pin or a set of diagnostics that I can use to determin if the chip is actually starting up correctly on power up and after a hardware reset. The only indication I can see is that the Crystal is Oscillating at 25Mhz as expected. The 1v8 output is active.

I’ve tried the same program connected to a Wiz810IO successfully so know that the program works.

The circuit is based on the Wiz810IO schematic.

Thanks

## Replies

### Reply 1 by johnnyfp, 2014-05-16

Sorry Typo. I Ment the WIZ820IO.

No link LED on powerup. Should these power on on power up?

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10236
