---
title: "Arduino Ethernet Library"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10207"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10207/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "slarve"
created: "2014-05-07T11:01:51+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:32:45+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 619
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Arduino Ethernet Library

## Question

Asked by slarve on 2014-05-07 in Ethernet Chips.

Hello

I use Arduino IDE 1.5.5-r2 and I got an ioshield-A in the mail yesterday.
I downloaded the WIZ Ethernet Library from the GitHub and tried to follow the instructions…
But I don’t know if I do it right?

[quote]Arduino IDE 1.5.x

Download all files and overwrite the souce and utility folder to the "\libraries\Ethernet\examples" folder.[/quote]
Do you mean in the “Libraries\Ethernet” folder?
And there are 2 utility folders, one in ethernet\ and one in ethernet\src. Witch one?

[quote]
2. Select device: W5100, W5200 or W5500

In the W5100.h file(\libraries\Ethernet\utility\w5100.h), uncomment the device(shield) you want to use.[/quote]
This implies that you overwrite the ethernet\utility i guess?

And there are no examples in Arduino IDE 1.5.x. Is this correct?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by jbkim, 2014-05-08

I updated the explanation and changed the README.md file.
It should be [quote]Download all files and replace the “\libraries\Ethernet\src” folder. This will update the “utility” folder under “\libraries\Ethernet\src”.
[/quote]
Then you can use existing examples.

Thanks for your feedback. ![:smiley:](https://emoji.discourse-cdn.com/twitter/smiley.png?v=12)

### Reply 2 by slarve, 2014-05-08

![:smiley:](https://emoji.discourse-cdn.com/twitter/smiley.png?v=12)

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10207
