---
title: "Configuration via telnet; firmware version"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10202"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10202/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Wireless"
author: "ChrHa"
created: "2014-05-06T06:38:25+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:33:04+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 518
replies: 3
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Configuration via telnet; firmware version

## Question

Asked by ChrHa on 2014-05-06 in Wireless.

Hello everyone,

there is a telnet daemon enabled on the WizFi630 module. Is it possible to configure the module from within a telnet session?

The latest firmware version available for download from wiznet.co.kr is 1.1.25. Now, the modules I received from a distributor are already running version 1.1.28. So what is the current firmware version and where am I supposed to download them from?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by ssekim, 2014-05-07

Even though you can configure something via telnet, it is not for configuration.

Current official F/W is &lt;1.1.25> and &lt;1.1.28> or something is not official F/W.
As I know, there is no big difference between &lt;1.1.25> and &lt;1.1.28>.

### Reply 2 by ChrHa, 2014-06-03

ssekim:

> &lt;1.1.28> or something is not official F/W.

What do you mean 1.1.28 is not an official firmware? It is installed on some of the modules we’ve received from an official WIZnet distributor.
On status_content.asp it is listed as “DS620P-4M-usb-sta-1T1R_v1.1.28-2013/04/09, 10:53:05”. The modules we’ve received with 1.1.25 display “DS620P-11n-4M-usb-sta-PCIe_v1.1.25-2012/07/26, 03:24:45” on this page.

I’ll be happy to provide the mac addresses of the affected modules if it helps WIZnet clarify this situation.

### Reply 3 by ssekim, 2014-06-05

> &lt;1.1.28> or something is not official F/W.

It means that WIzfi630 are mass-produced in WIZnet’s factory with &lt;1.1.25>. (not &lt;1.1.28>)
So, if you want WizFi630 &lt;1.1.28> in much quantity, I think that you had better discuss with the distributor.

In other words, when you order WizFi630, you should specify the f/w version(you need).

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10202
