---
title: "W5200 no link"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10182"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10182/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "micklz"
created: "2014-04-28T12:37:40+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:38:36+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 1269
replies: 5
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W5200 no link

## Question

Asked by micklz on 2014-04-28 in Ethernet Chips.

Hi,

I’m trying to get W5200 to connect to the internet without results.
SPI works fine. The chip version is ‘3’.
Voltage at any pin is the same like in WIZ820io R1.0.
I have absolutely no link between chip and the pc/router.

I used transformer: [tme.eu/pl/Document/3b4751156 … trafot.pdf](http://www.tme.eu/pl/Document/3b475115644e6ab5f4444c1fc079857a/rj45trafot.pdf).

This transformr works fine with WIZ820io R1.0.

Maybe it is problem with hardware?

[i61.tinypic.com/2vmasrr.png](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/legacyFile.asp?path=6I6PuuEmauXO02up6hgyYXrei26.jpeg)
[i60.tinypic.com/2ywsj9h.png](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/legacyFile.asp?path=6I6PuuEmauXO02up6hgyYXrei26.jpeg)
[i60.tinypic.com/24p002c.png](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/legacyFile.asp?path=6I6PuuEmauXO02up6hgyYXrei26.jpeg)

![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/2/2f0984456f8dd47c5beb0a68b72c3d6cf62ef2aa.jpeg)

![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/2/2f0984456f8dd47c5beb0a68b72c3d6cf62ef2aa.jpeg)

![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/2/2f0984456f8dd47c5beb0a68b72c3d6cf62ef2aa.jpeg)

## Replies

### Reply 1 by micklz, 2014-04-29

Thank you for your response.

RA1 and RA2 are resistor arrays. They are always on ![:slight_smile:](https://emoji.discourse-cdn.com/twitter/slight_smile.png?v=12)
Datasheet resistor arrays:
[tme.eu/pl/Document/75bd3f016 … dr1206.pdf](http://www.tme.eu/pl/Document/75bd3f0167147d279fa0ee884ae4f6a0/dr1206.pdf)

Best regards.

### Reply 2 by micklz, 2014-04-30

This may be helpful:

the value from PHY register is 0x07.

Any idea?

### Reply 3 by patrycjusz93, 2015-01-23

Hello!

Did you solve this problem with no link?

Best Regards!
Patryk

### Reply 4 by micklz, 2015-02-12

Hi,

Unfortunately not.
Do you have the same problem?

### Reply 5 by Tinus81, 2016-04-11

Hi,

Did you guys ever solved this?? I’m also facing the no link problem…

Regards,
Martijn

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10182
