---
title: "How Do I Get DNS IP Address Using Serial Commands"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10168"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10168/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Wireless"
author: "jkellar"
created: "2014-04-22T15:36:39+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:32:33+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 680
replies: 3
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# How Do I Get DNS IP Address Using Serial Commands

## Question

Asked by jkellar on 2014-04-22 in Wireless.

Hi,

I hope you can understand my question. I’ve tried to make this as simple and clear cut as I can. I need to get the DNS IP address assigned to my WIZFI630 module using serial commands. I am hardwired (via Ethernet cable) to my DSL router. My DSL router assigns to my WIZFI630 module a Primary DNS Server IP and a Secondary DNS Server IP. I am needing to obtain those assigned IP addresses using the serial port command interface provided by the WIZFI630 module. See below pics for specifics:

[![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/1X/409af88b2d7b0cd1ce2c6ad3f34ab92d751d976b.png) 1095×545 51.2 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/1X/409af88b2d7b0cd1ce2c6ad3f34ab92d751d976b.png)

[![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/1X/7297b9bb0082995978f55febb33e11216297e9ca.png) 1096×549 52.6 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/1X/7297b9bb0082995978f55febb33e11216297e9ca.png)

[![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/1X/8e9e92939df245778cd9ffaf7bb3ed401c83f8e2.png) 1082×549 49.7 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/1X/8e9e92939df245778cd9ffaf7bb3ed401c83f8e2.png)

Thanks!

## Replies

### Reply 1 by kaizen, 2014-04-24

Hi

I send e-mail attached modified firmware to you.
In this firmware, If you use command, You can see DNS server of your DSL router.

Please check your e-mail and test about this issue using this firmware.

### Reply 2 by jkellar, 2014-04-24

Hi Kaizen,

Yes, I did get your email with attachment. I’ll give it a try and let you know how it works. Thank you!!!

### Reply 3 by jkellar, 2014-04-24

Kaizen,

Firmware update worked out nicely and the command functions perfectly. Thanks!

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10168
