---
title: "Is server and client app possiple at same time with W5100"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10162"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10162/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "aso"
created: "2014-04-21T12:28:00+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:32:33+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 523
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Is server and client app possiple at same time with W5100

## Question

Asked by aso on 2014-04-21 in Ethernet Chips.

Hi,

I try to design a system with this card [sparkfun.com/products/11229](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11229) that is placed W5100 chip on it. My question is W5100 chip is support server and client property at same time simultaneously.
I mean, think that there is an application that checks I/O ports and sends their states to a remote server with a socket every five seconds and listen another port always like a server to receive commands to change the state of any other I/O ports. Does it possible in one app or I have to switch between client an server always?

And another question, does W5100 gets an IP automatically from an ADSL router?

Regards .

Ahmet.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by aso, 2014-04-23

Thanks for your response.

Is there any example code (C or C++) fragment available, if so, is it possible to send me for the test?

Thanks.

Ahmet.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10162
