---
title: "Correct Lan and serial configuration"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10094"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10094/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Wireless"
author: "djdjdjole"
created: "2014-03-26T14:43:50+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:32:12+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 667
replies: 3
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Correct Lan and serial configuration

## Question

Asked by djdjdjole on 2014-03-26 in Wireless.

At the moment, I need my WizFi630 module to convert RS232 stream to/from WiFi (TCP variant) and to connect to outer network’s AP. However few questions I have regarding module configuration.

- Is WizFi Client mode LAN configuration, OK for me ? I consider IP address to acquire from DHCP server of outer network. In that case, I wonder if WizFi DHCP client is automatically on, so it can ask for IP info ? I also intend to disable WizFi internal DHCP server- because I’m not interested in other WizFi LAN ports (wired ones).

- Do I have to specifically enable RS232 data flow to/from wireless port or is it default state ?

- What is the meaning of MAIN and AUX port ?

Regards

## Replies

### Reply 1 by kaizen, 2014-03-26

Hi

This is my answer about your question.

- Is WizFi Client mode LAN configuration, OK for me ?

> What is mean about this question? Do you want to set Client Mode on Operation Mode of WizFi630?

I consider IP address to acquire from DHCP server of outer network. In that case, I wonder if WizFi DHCP client is automatically on, so it can ask for IP info ?

> If WizFi630 is set Client Mode of Operation Mode, WizFi630 will receive IP address from Access Point which you have.

I also intend to disable WizFi internal DHCP server- because I’m not interested in other WizFi LAN ports (wired ones).

> If you want to use environment as below. you have to use AP-Client Multi Bridge Mode.
>
> [![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/1X/1fe7ef64f0803ee13b69bda24b699b58098dc301.jpg) 666×786 107 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/1X/1fe7ef64f0803ee13b69bda24b699b58098dc301.jpg)

- Do I have to specifically enable RS232 data flow to/from wireless port or is it default state ?

> I don’t understand your accurate intention. you can use serial to wifi/ethernet of WizFi630 which is set default.

- What is the meaning of MAIN and AUX port ?

> WizFi630 can use only one transport layer such as TCP or UDP. But If you use AUX port, you can use two transport layer in WizFi630.
> In other word, When you only use MAIN port, you can have one path to communicate with other device.
> But using AUX port, you can have two path to communicate with other device.

### Reply 2 by djdjdjole, 2014-03-27

Thank you kaizen for your reply, maybe I was not so explicit about what I want to achieve, so I’ll try once more.
I want RS232 from my microcontroller to be converted to WiFi (with Wiz630) and to communicate (TCP) to some other computer on already existing network (which also has access point).
So Wiz630 need to be new member of network and should connect to existing access point (in the same network). Then it would be able to connect (TCP) to some other computer on that network. From that moment on, I intend to use
RS232 (as client) to communicate data to remote TCP server application.

Regards

### Reply 3 by kaizen, 2014-03-28

I think that it would be good to use AP-Client Multi bridge mode in your environment.

For setting AP-Client Multi Bridge Mode, you can use AT command as below.

> ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10094
