---
title: "WIZ220IO MAC Address Changed"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10074"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10074/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "General"
author: "amar"
created: "2014-03-20T09:59:59+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:33:26+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 1261
replies: 6
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# WIZ220IO MAC Address Changed

## Question

Asked by amar on 2014-03-20 in General.

Hi guys ![:smiley:](https://emoji.discourse-cdn.com/twitter/smiley.png?v=12)

Why my module’s MAC Address changed?
It was 00:08:DC:17:CE:B0, and now suddenly change to 00:08:DC:00:00:00
Why did this happen? Is my module broken?? ![:confused:](https://emoji.discourse-cdn.com/twitter/confused.png?v=12)

Help me please ![:frowning:](https://emoji.discourse-cdn.com/twitter/frowning.png?v=12)

## Replies

### Reply 1 by irina, 2014-03-21

Hi, amar.

It looks like flash memory broken, I guess.

If you have EVB, possible to re-write MAC Address using ‘MACTool for WIZ220IO’ program.
If not, please RMA request to distributor.

I’ve attached MACTool program in this post.
[MACtool_v1.0_WIZ220IO.zip](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/legacyFile.asp?path=vzW039vWuDs2e7J56k4b1mmeI7R.zip) (16.1 KB)
Please try re-write MAC Address to WIZ220IO module.

Regards,
Eric.

### Reply 2 by amar, 2014-03-21

Thanks Eric ![:smiley:](https://emoji.discourse-cdn.com/twitter/smiley.png?v=12)

It has to use EVB to re-write MAC Address?
Is it possible to just connect Module to PC in the same network and re-write it?

### Reply 3 by irina, 2014-03-21

As you can see after program running, the MACTool program needs serial port connection.
So, you should connect the module to PC using EVB - serial port for re-write the MAC address. ![:wink:](https://emoji.discourse-cdn.com/twitter/wink.png?v=12)

Regards,
Eric.

### Reply 4 by amar, 2014-03-24

When I opened the software, I got this error and it can’t detect my module.

What should I do?

### Reply 5 by irina, 2014-03-24

Please google it - ‘How to fix Runtime error 53’
‘Runtime error 53’ caused by some DLL files missing or damaged registry values and Etc, I guess.

### Reply 6 by Phil92, 2014-07-23

For working MAC TOOL need :

- WIZ220IO-EVB with Ethernet and RS232 connected to PC

- “progress.avi” in the same directory as “WIZ220IO_MacTool.exe” to prevent error message “file not found”

“progress.avi” is in WIZ200WEB MAC TOOL zip
[wiznet.co.kr/sub_modules/kr/ … 57&cType=2](http://www.wiznet.co.kr/sub_modules/kr/product/product_detail.asp?Refid=191&page=1&cate1=5&cate2=44&cate3=0&pid=1057&cType=2)

for “progress.avi” change the file name “_avi.txt” to".avi"[progress_avi.txt](https://maker.wiznet.io/uploads/short-url/uCIs3uiraJmJMFjlJ9unON3BtUI) (135 KB)

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10074
