---
title: "Porting iolibrary into new platform"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10048"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10048/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "elwakeel"
created: "2014-03-14T19:15:13+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:32:00+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 837
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Porting iolibrary into new platform

## Question

Asked by elwakeel on 2014-03-14 in Ethernet Chips.

[size=150]
Hi,

I’m currently navigating through the iolibrary for W5500. Is there a step by step tutorial on how to port it to new platforms, and which platform specific functionalities I need to implement?

Thanks.[/size]

## Replies

### Reply 1 by JimMartz, 2014-03-17

elwakeel,

I also come across these in the TCPReSendNB function.
wizpf_get_systick() and wizpf_tick_elapse()
The first looks like it is an linked to an ISR timer that increments
once every 1ms. And the second function is just the difference between
the current time and what you pass through the function.
These functions look to be part of the Cookie board, and I have not uses it.
I did not port that over, just put a comment for possible future changes.
It looks to delay the transmitting of the next chunk of data by 1 second.
I will probably just implement this on a higher level.

Also, if you have not read section 5 of W5200, I would do so, it is not
in the W5500 data sheet and answered a few questions I had.

Jim,

### Reply 2 by elwakeel, 2014-03-17

Thanks everyone!

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10048
