---
title: "Arduino Wifi shield scan"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10034"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10034/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Wireless"
author: "InsaneNeal"
created: "2014-03-11T17:49:11+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:31:55+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 379
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Arduino Wifi shield scan

## Question

Asked by InsaneNeal on 2014-03-11 in Wireless.

Hi, everyone
I am using arduino wizfi shield, whose version is 1.01( I think I could not update it? Do you offer latest version on arduino?).
Now the problem is when I tried to use your myWizFi.wifiScan() function, the results were:

d8:c7:c8:94:35:a0, uwindsor , 01, INFRAõ, -83 , NONEONEõõ
õ õ õ õ õ õ õ õ õ õ õ õ õõ, 01õ, INFRA õõ d8:c7:c8:94:35:a0, uwindsor , 01, INFRAõ, -83 , NONEONEõõ
õ õ õ õ õ õ õ õ õ õ õ õ õõ, 01õ, INFRA õõ INFRAõ -83
Rcvd Reply: d8:c7:c8:94:12:81, uwindsor_secure , 01, INFRAA2-ENTERPRISEõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõ
-70 ,õõ WP
d8:c7:c8:94:12:81, uwindsor_secure , 01, INFRAA2-ENTERPRISEõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõ
-70 ,õõ WP

Lots of unknown characters were shown. Where did this guy(õ) come from? And the results also contained some duplicated data. How can I fix it??

Thanks

## Replies

### Reply 1 by ssekim, 2014-03-13

Hello

I’m not good at Arduino WiFi shield.
But, it seems that the below is related SPI-communication between Arduino and WizFi210.

And, regarding , you had better use the below link.

[url][http://wizwiki.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=36\[/url\]](http://wizwiki.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=36%5B/url%5D)

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10034
