---
title: "More tries to open a connection"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10014"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10014/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "oadna"
created: "2014-03-06T15:42:53+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:31:50+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 447
replies: 3
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# More tries to open a connection

## Question

Asked by oadna on 2014-03-06 in Ethernet Chips.

Hello,

I have again a problem with my W5100 on the arduino 328P board.
When I connect to my own TCP-Server written in C#, then the Webclient connects at the first try.
But when I want to connect to my webserver, my client connects only after several (5- 15) tries.
I don´t no what the problem is, can somebody help me?

greets

## Replies

### Reply 1 by hjjeon0608, 2014-03-06

Hi,

Could you post packet capture file with like wireshark??

It could help analyze problem.

Best regards.

### Reply 2 by oadna, 2014-03-07

hi,

here is the file.
You have to filter by “ip.src==192.168.1.10 || ip.dst==192.168.1.10”
I hope you can find the error.

Edit: Can it be that the problem is the wrong port? I use port 23456
Which port should i use instead?

greets
[w5100.zip](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/legacyFile.asp?path=qiSJczJH9AyVRp5pNn5P3F51bi8.zip) (585 KB)

### Reply 3 by hjjeon0608, 2014-03-10

Hi,

I think 192.168.1.153 is server.

If, client send SYN packet but cannot receive response packet(SYN-ACK).
So, client send retransmission packet.

Please, check server program and then let me know why server doesn’t send response.

Best regards.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/10014
