This shield allows an Arduino to establish a wired Ethernet connection to a network and is compatible with Uno, Mega and boards with compatible I/O pins.
- WIZnet W5100 Ethernet controller
- Compatible with both Uno and Mega footprints
- Standard RJ-45 CAT network connector
- Auto MDI/MDIX (auto cable pin swap)
- Acts as client or server
- TCP/IP protocols include TCP, UDP, ICMP, IPv4 ARP, IGMP, Ethernet
- 10BaseT/100BaseTX Ethernet PHY embedded
- Up to 4 simultaneous socket connections
- MicroSD card slot
- SPI Interface
- 5V compatible, operates at 3.3V internally
- Good library support
SPI InterfaceArduino and compatibles communicate with both the W5100 chip and SD card slot using the SPI bus.MOSI / MISO and SCK are picked up off the ICSP header, but are also found on digital pins 11, 12 and 13 on the Uno and pins 50, 51 and 52 on the Mega. On both boards, pin 10 is used to select the W5100 chip and pin 4 is used for the SD card slot. These pins cannot be used for general purpose I/O.On the Mega, the hardware SS pin 53 is not used, but it must be kept as an output or the SPI interface will not work.Note that because the W5100 and SD card share the SPI bus, only one can be active at a time. If you are using both peripherals in your program this should be taken care of by the corresponding libraries. If you are not using one of the peripherals in your program, you will want to explicitly deselect it. To do this with the SD card, either remove any SD card or set pin 4 as an output and write a high to it. For the W5100, you can set the digital pin 10 as an output and write a high to it to disable it.\
LED IndicatorsThe shield provides a number of informational LEDs that can be useful for troubleshooting the network connection:
- PWR = Indicates that the shield is being powered by the Uno or Mega.
- LINK = Indicates the presence of a network link and flashes when the shield transmits or receives data.
- FULLD = Indicates that the network connection is full duplex.
- 100M = Indicates the presence of a 100Mb/s network connection (as opposed to 10Mb/s)
- RX = Flashes when the shield receives data
- TX = Flashes when the shield sends data
- COLL = Flashes when network collisions are detected
Dimensions PCB Board (L x W) 68 x 53 mm (2.68 x 2.09″) Datasheet WIZnet WIZnet W5100
how to use