This module allows any MCU to establish a wired Ethernet connection to a network using SPI interface.This Ethernet module uses the WIZnet W5500 network interface chip to provide a cabled connection to a network.The W5500 has very good library support for most microcontrollers. The Arduino, Teensy and other Arduino compatibles can use the standard Ethernet.h library included with the IDEThe module operates at 3.3V, but the I/O is fully 5V tolerant, so it can be directly interfaced with 3.3V or 5V MCUs without the requirement for additional level shifting hardware.
- WIZnet W5500 Ethernet controller
- Compatible withWIZ850io
- Magjack RJ-45 CAT network connector
- Acts as client or server
- TCP/IP protocols include TCP, UDP, ICMP, IPv4 ARP, IGMP, PPPoE
- 10BaseT/100BaseTX Ethernet PHY embedded
- Up to 8 simultaneous socket connections
- Supports auto negotiation (full and half duplex, 10 and 100-based)
- Internal 32Kb Tx/RX buffers
- Supports power down mode
- Supports wake on LAN over UDP
- Does not support IP fragmentation
- Does not support Auto MDI-X (auto cable cross-over)
- Link and Activity LEDs
- SPI Interface with maximum 80MHz
- Good library support
- Very small package for project integration
- I/O is 5V tolerant
- 3.3V Operation
SPI InterfaceThe module is interfaced to using the SPI bus.MOSI, MISO and SCK can be found on digital pins 11, 12 and 13 on the Uno and pins 50, 51 and 52 on the Mega. On both boards, pin 10 is used to select the W5500 chip. The Teensy 4.0 used in our example also uses the same 11, 12, 13 and 10 pins as the Uno.The SPI interface is rated for up to 80MHz, but operation is guaranteed up to 33MHz.
LED IndicatorsThe RJ45 magjack on the module has two built-in LED indicators.
- LINK – Green LED indicates the presence of a network link
- ACTIVITY – Yellow LED flashes when the module transmits or receives data.
|Operational||Operating Voltage||2.97 – 3.63V (3.3V typ)|
|I/O Voltage||3.3V / 5V tolerant up to 5.5V|
|Maximum Current Draw||150mA typical|
|Dimensions||PCB Board (L x W)||25 x 23 mm (1 x 0.9″)|
|Module (L x W x H (excluding pins))||28 x 23 x 18.5 mm (1.1 x 0.9 x 0.73″)|
|Pin Spacing (row-to-row)||20.32mm (0.8″)|
how to use