The Ag9050 Power over Ethernet Module is designed to be a drop-in Power over Ethernet (PoE) solution for the WIZnet W5200 Ethernet Board. As long as your network supports power over Ethernet the W5200 + QuickStart board can both be powered and communicate.
- Make sure your QuickStart + W5200 boards have been safely powered down and carefully separated. Set the QuickStart board aside.
- Carefully insert the Ag9050 Power over Ethernet module from the top down so that the module’s large transformer is facing outward. The module is pin-keyed, so you cannot insert the module backwards.
- Use your soldering iron to solder the Ag9050 module into place from the underside of the W5200 module. Apply solder to all of the module’s pins. Make sure there are no accidental solder bridges.
- Check that your board setup looks like this when you’re done soldering.
- Reattach your QuickStart Board and any other peripherals you may have added.
- Connect an Ethernet cable to the W5200. The Ag9050 PoE module should automatically negotiate with Power Sourcing Equipment and begin supplying power to the QuickStart board.