If you happen to lose your keys and are stuck outside your house ,this could be avoided if you have already prepared some other gateway like triggering a garage door opener through a website hosted by an Arduino.
You must be aware of the wonders of Arduino and when it is connected to a wireless network, it is accessible from your smartphone. It can be directly connected to the web server where you just need to enter a password, activate the garage door and get inside your house without having to break into anything. In this project, a MegunoLink Pro interface panel is used for configuration of the program.
Components required :
- Arduino Etherten :The Etherten includes an Ethernet module based on the Wiznet W5100 chip .
- A relay : To activate the garage door opener.
- A relay breakout board.
- A transistor : such as the 2N2222 or 2N3904 to turn the relay on and off .
- A diode : Such as 1N4001 which is connected across the relay , protects the transistor when the relay turns off.
- Hall effect sensors : To detect the door position .
- Building an Arduino User Interface with MegunoLink .
For more detailed information to build a web enabled Arduino garage door opener, please refer to this link :
For source code, please look into the following link :
Tags : 201610 ,Wiznet W5100 , Arduino Etherten , User Interface , Hall effect sensors , Relay .
Author : Paul Martinsen