How to control the air conditioner A/C at home with Arduino, even remotely!
- Arduino Uno x 2 or Arduino Uno/ Arduino Mega
- Arduino Ethernet Shield
- IR receiver TSOP1738
- IR LED
- 330 Ohm resistor
- flexible cable
You can download the schematic : Download
Source code and step by step
You can download the source code through github.
In this first version, the program automates the process by entering the information in the TextField. In the next version, you can load from file, the results obtained from the serial Arduino.
Sending IR Command to air conditioner
To connect the two Arduino in a correct way, care should be taken to the below image.
On the device connected to the Ethernet Shield is necessary to load the program that takes the name of AC_Webpage_Controller.ino, while nell’Arduino that will send IR commands, you must load the program that takes the name of AC_Sender_Code.ino. You can find the software on my Github repo https://github.com/jackbell16/AC-Progetto-Arduino
Port forwarding, to put the Arduino and air conditioner on the WEB
You can proceed as follows:
- Identify the IP address of the webserver Arduino
- Identify the IP address of the gateway
- Open your browser and type the IP address of your router and enter the credentials
- Open the port forwarding section and enter data such as the IP port as the Arduino and 80.
You can find the this application from Play store.