iPhone Universal Learing Remote with Arduino
The author can’t always find the remote for TV. One thing does he always have with me though, is author’s iPhone.
Operating an infra red controlled TV with the iPhone gives us a few problems to solve.
1. iPhones aren’t blessed with an IR emitter.
2. how do we know what IR codes to broadcast to operate the TV?
So if we can get an iPhone App to talk to an Arduino, and the Arduino to talk to the TV then hey presto, we have an iPhone TV remote.
– Arduino Uno
– Arduino Ethernet shield
– TSOP4838 IR receiver
– 3 pin IR Transmitter module
– Strip of jumper pins
– 2x LEDs – different colours
– 3x 220 Ohm 0.25W resistors
– 2.2uF 16v electrolytic capacitor
– Hookup wire
- Arduino IDE
- Arduino IR Remote library
- Universal Remote App for iPhone (more on this later)
- Universal IR Remote sketch for the Arduino
For more information, please refer to the following link: