Author made an Arduino sprinkler that automatically turn the sprinklers on and off, check the weather forecast (so I don’t have to sprinkle water in a lawn if it is going to rain soon) and log their activity on twitter.
– various pipes / hose adapters (from Gardena)
– 3 x 24v Irrigation Valve (from Gardena)
– 1 x arduino board
– 1 x ethernet shield (www.nuelectoronics.com )
– 1 x relay board (which I had lying around, a smaller board / a relay shield – with at least 3 relays – would have been sufficient)
– 1 x 220v -> 24vAC transformer (from ebay)
– 1 x 10vDC adaptor (a recycled phone charger)
– 1 x router (Buffalo WHR-G125) with dd-wrt (http://www.dd-wrt.com )
– 2 x momentary push button
– 1 x power switch
– a couple meters of ethernet cable.
How to work it:
– 3 digital pins are controlling 3 relays that let the 24v AC through.
– 4th digital pins connector that came with the relay board conveniently had 3 relays + ground on 4 adjacent pin
You can download the Source code
– web contol: http://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-sprinkler-valves-wifi/step7/Arduino-sketch/
– twitter :http://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-sprinkler-valves-wifi/step11/Twitter/
tags:201105,nicoo,Sprinkler system,twitter,Ethernet Shield ,appoval yet