This project reads a temperature sensor and reports to an Exosite portal via Ethernet Shield.
On Exosite Portals, I have set up events on the certain conditions (Temp less than 40 degrees for example) to alert me (via Email and SMS text) that the event condition exists. (SMS: Your Pipes are going to freeze!)
- Arduino Uno
- Arduino Ethernet Shield
- Dallas Semiconductor DS18B20 One-Wire Temperature Sensor – Datasheet
- A 4.7k ohm resistor
- A little wire and heat-shrink tubing (optional)
This project use the Arduino IDE and Exosite cloud service.
It uses the Ethernet library to set up a network connection and the Exosite library to write data to the Exosite cloud platform.
These parameters should be modified or reviewed in the code:
- CIK – The Exosite CIK for your device (get from portals.exosite.com after adding a generic device)
- MAC Address – The Ethernet MAC Address for your Ethernet chip (your local LAN may not like the default)
- Arduino Digital Pin used for the Dallas OneWire (default is pin 7)
source code : Get the code and library here!
tags: 20150510, W5100, Ethernet Shield, WIZnet, Arduino uno, Cloud Service, Exosite, temperature monitoring and alarming