StripInvader drives a 5m long LED strip and display some fancy animation. It uses a Arduino Ethernet as driver, so no external hardware is used. Some features of StripInvaders:
- 15 different color modes
- Control StripInvaders with a Smartphone or Tablet
- Stepless adjust the RGB value and the animation delay
- Bonjour and mDNS support
- DHCP support
- All fits into the 30kb firmware
- The firmware is released on GitHub
- Strips available on my PixelInvaders.ch shop
StripInvaders will color up your flat, take a look at those images:
You can see the demonstration of this colorful device
The author explains how you can assemble the device and provides the firmware code in his blog.
He also provide DIY guide at the Pixel Invader site.